Lead Road Safety Auditor Brendon Beirne
HDS Australia congratulates Brendon Beirne on achieving Level Three – Lead Road Safety Auditor status with Transport for NSW. This recognises that Brendon has:
- Successfully completed the recognised training program;
- Played a key role in the completion of several pre-construction phase, construction and operational phase road safety audits since 2018;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and expertise in road design, traffic engineering, traffic / transport management and road safety engineering;
- The ability to lead road safety audits and mentor less experienced road safety practitioners.
Brendon has been involved with a broad range of road safety, corridor planning and transport management activities for more than 20 years. His experience, which has been acquired in both the public and private sector includes:
- Numerous road safety audits for various road types and users;
- Movement corridor and active transport network route development and programming;
- Heavy vehicle route assessment;
- The application of a contemporary approach to the integration of transport planning, road safety and safe systems thinking that is aligned with movement and place objectives for a corridor and its diverse users.