Road Safety Audits
HDS Australia is currently the Number 1 provider of road safety audit services in South Australia and is also a prominent provider in Victoria and in New South Wales, undertaking audits for Department for Infrastructure and Transport (DIT) (South Australia), VicRoads, local government authorities and private construction clients. HDS Australia offers:
- Existing conditions road safety audits;
- Design road safety audits at the concept, preliminary and detailed design stages;
- Roadworks traffic management road safety audits; and
- Post-construction and pre-opening road safety audits.
For more information or to arrange for a road safety audit to be undertaken, please contact any one of our accredited Senior Road Safety Auditors:
- Daniel Ahrens [email protected]
- Brendon Beirne – Lead Auditor [email protected]
- Tim Viner Smith [email protected]
- Kyle Yang [email protected]
- Ram Poola [email protected]
- Richard Medhurst [email protected]
- Herman Zhou [email protected]
Our road safety audit team members also include James Reynolds, Barry Fishburn and Tarth Mudgal.
For Traffic Data Collection information please contact:
- Simon Chartier [email protected]
All audits are undertaken in accordance with Austroads guidelines, but also take into account the specific needs of individual state road authorities. Audits can be undertaken in any state on a “fly in, fly out” basis to conduct site inspections and initial meetings with clients, with design audits and report writing then undertaken at either our Adelaide or Melbourne offices.
In total, we have ten highly experienced road safety auditors on staff, all accredited with the Department for Infrastructure and Transport (DIT) in South Australia and VicRoads in Victoria. Our auditors are also accredited in New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia.
HDS Australia has provided road safety audit services on a very large number of projects over the last 15 years. Some of our most recent projects include the:
- Southern Expressway Duplication (SA);
- Northern Expressway Design and Construction Road Safety Auditing (SA);
- Western Park Redevelopment in the Docklands Precinct (VIC);
- Port River Expressway (SA);
- South Road Extension (VIC);
- Glenelg Tramline Extension (SA);
- Main Neerim Road and Amberly Drive intersection improvements in Drouin (VIC); and
- Lajamanu Road Upgrade – Stage 3 in the Katherine Region (NT).
HDS Australia also provides specialised services related to the safety of vulnerable road users, in particular cyclists and pedestrians. Recent projects related to these road users include:
- Existing conditions road safety audits of shared paths along arterial roads in the City of Casey;
- A functional design road safety audit of bicycle facilities along Chapel Street in Melbourne;
- Existing conditions road safety audits of shared paths in the City of Stonnington including the Capital City Trail and the Gardiners Creek shared path; and
- A concept design road safety audit of contra-flow bicycle facilities on Russell Street, Owen Street, Castle Street and Chariot Street in the City of Adelaide.