Road Transport Planning
HDS Australia provides comprehensive transport planning services to state and local government organisations. Senior transport planners at HDS Australia have extensive experience in the fields of transport strategy development, freight studies, intermodal analysis, public transport and non-motorised transport (walking and cycling). We have in excess of 23 years of experience in transport planning for state and local road authorities.
HDS Australia has a flexible transport planning team capable of undertaking major transport planning studies in-house, or our team can be used in developing alliances with other consultants to form teams of complementary skills. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Transport strategy development,
- Freight studies,
- Non motorised transport,
- Consultation with key stakeholders and organisations,
- Public transport investment strategies,
- Demand forecasting,
- Intermodal analysis, and
- Cost benefit assessment.
The company’s specialist expertise in road transport planning, particularly at a regional local roads level, is increasingly being sought. This has involved the review of existing regional transport plans and the development of new ten year plans covering freight, tourism and community access requirements. HDS Australia also provides assistance to local government authorities in the preparation of federal or state government grant funding applications.
Some of the major projects with which HDS Australia and our staff have been involved include:
- Truck Bypass Study, Lang Lang, VIC
- Parking Availability Study, Richmond, VIC
- Port Adelaide Freight Corridor Study, SA
- Roads Infrastructure Database Study, SA
- Port Lincoln Freight Access Study, SA
- Development of a Walking Strategy for Metropolitan Adelaide, SA
- Public Transport Investment Study, SA
- Port Adelaide Freight Corridors Study
- South East Local Government Association 2030 Transport Strategy