Eastern Transport Consortium, Minor Works Program – Preliminary Investigation
Eastern Transport Consortium, Minor Works Program - Preliminary Investigation
Project background and challenges
- 45 sites required minor works to provide facilities, primarily for cyclists and bus patrons.
- The investigation was to be used for grant funding, therefore scoping of works was important.
- Facilities were to be DDA compliant so familiarity with DDA requirements and measurement of footpath grades were important.
- Full construction drawings had already been prepared for some sites, others had concept plans prepared. Most were being started from scratch.
- Plans already prepared had to be checked for compliance and accuracy.
- Cost estimates of each project were prepared.
- A brief description of the works including the existing deficiencies and the expected benefits were prepared.
- Sites included urban and rural as well as rural and urban streets. Sites for bike parking facilities included station car parks and platforms.
- Due to the required timeframe the investigation was undertaken over the Christmas / New Year period.