Moyne Shire Sealed Road, Kerb and Footpath Condition Assessment Survey
- Diverse region located in south-west Victoria, home to a thriving dairy industry and popular holiday destinations, Port Fairy and Peterborough.
Scope and challenges
- Sealed roads, kerbs and footpaths in varying states of condition, needed to be assessed according to their condition, and distresses recorded.
- Development of condition rating indices • Must use Council’s Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) and software.
- Project to be delivered expediently and within tight budget constraints.
Solutions and results
- Quick and successful adaptation to the client’s needs.
- Unnecessary delays avoided by innovative solutions to software problems.
- Comprehensive report prepared to assist the client in scheduling future roadworks.
- Rating guidelines prepared and improvements for future condition assessment surveys detailed to the client.
- Development of an excellent client relationship.
- Positive result in terms of time, cost and technical interpretation.